This Diploma develops a clear understanding of the Medical Administrator’s function, Medical Terminology and its structure in relation to the meaning of abbreviations, to build self-assurance in handling patients, working on letters and reports and data recording of medical phrases.
The Medical Administration Diploma is the most comprehensive form of training as it incorporates training at Medical Terminology, Administration, Touch Typing and three Microsoft Office modules (of your choice).
Medical Administration Diploma
The Medical Administration Diploma is fully CPD accredited. Medical Administration Academy is an experienced training provider for the NHS Trusts.
This is an online course that contains several learning modules. Training can be started on any date and you can study on a flexible basis. You have up to 6 months to complete the Diploma, but with the intense study, you can complete the training much faster.
Medical Administration Academy has ongoing experience of providing training to the NHS directly. Our tutors have a wealth of experience in Medical Office Admin Training.
Medical Terminology Module
- Outline of the role of a Medical Administrator/Secretary
- Identify areas where the role differs from other secretarial jobs.
- Interpret the meanings of a variety of medical terms by breaking words down into component parts, suffixes and prefixes.
- Understand the structure of medical words.
- Expand some common abbreviations.
- Feel more confident in communicating with patients.
- Preparing letters and reports
- Record data from medical phrases.
- Duties of an Admin member and the job role
- Health and Safety in the office
- Emails and Email management
- Briefing of Office, Secretarial and Admin function
- The purpose of the Office
- Structure of Departments and Organisational structures
- Mail Management
- Stationery – Stock Control
- Telephone Etiquette and Procedure
- Client Care skills
- CV and Career Advice
- Touch Typing
Microsoft Office Modules
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Teams
“All of it was important as all can be applied in my current role. Very interesting and fun course- well structured”. Amanda K.
Dates and Duration
The Diploma is an online course that is delivered on a flexible schedule. You have a maximum of six months to complete the Diploma, but with intense study, you could complete it much sooner.
- Certification on completion of the course
- CPD Accreditation to build your CV
- A wide range of technical skills for a career in Medical Administration
- IT skills for Administrative jobs and certification in each program
- Job skills and confidence to build a successful career